45.6 F
Tupelo
Wednesday, April 1, 2020

My Front Porch

The Perfect Mimosa

There are very few brunch staples that I don't enjoy, but one of my favorites is The Mimosa. If you don't know what that is, let me just explain: Traditionally, it's orange juice and champagne. And it...

When The Brainpan Springs A Leak

Yall. Listen. I love my husband to BITS, but sometimes he just does stuff that drives me bananas. And I don't mean normal stuff, like the fact that he's 42 and still has to tear the house...

Debris and Drop Veils

My youngest son, (we affectionately refer to him online as Spawn, though that's not his given name, so calm down, Sharon) was helping me pick up the living room the other day. We had rearranged the furniture...

Taste The Rainbow

We were in Dollar General grabbing a few things back in the summer, when Spawn decided he needed a new backpack. He didn't really. The one from last year was still in good shape, but a new...

Boot Scootin’ Dummy

Yall. SIGH. Listen. I'm going to share my dumbassery with you, because the boys and I still haven't stopped laughing about it, and I know you need a smile today.So, I ordered some...

Christmas in Dixie

Not all holidays are created equally. And sometimes, even your favorites don't turn out quite the way you'd planned. But sometimes, they go so far off course, you just want a complete do-overA...

How To Survive The Toddler Years

From babies, to toddlers, to preschoolers, to elementary school, the tweens, the teens, and eventually adult children, all stages of development for our offspring have their own unique rewards and challenges. Having finally...

Start The Day Off With A Smile

All the best stories happen at The Chicken Store at 4 a.m.Let me start from the beginning. There's an all night gas station just down the road. It has a name, but everyone...

How To Survive Holiday Photos

Holiday photos can be frustrating and exhausting, but it’s still kinda mandatory that you at least get a few pictures of the family for posterity. The problem? Taking a GOOD family photo will bring you to the very edge...

Is This How The End Begins?

I’m sitting in the back corner of a Fred’s Dollar Store that feels completely desolate and deserted — except for the pharmacy, which is overrun and understaffed due to all the local sickies going around, and an...

Latest News

18: Episode 18: April’s Doppelganger

*Warning: Explicit language and content*In episode 18, we discuss April’s unfortunate doppelganger & Nazi war criminal, Ilse Koch.Host: April...

Tupelo Transit Driver Tests Positive for Covid-19

PRESS RELEASEContact Information:Lucia Randle, Communications DirectorCity of Tupelo662.841.6525lucia.randle@tupeloms.govTUPELO TRANSIT CLOSING UNTIL APRIL 7, 2020FOR...

The Rundown 3/31/2020

Good morning, Tupelo and beyond. It’s Tuesday, March 31st and it's the 91st day of the year. On...

7: Catch a Tiger By The Toe

This episode covers the none other than the Tiger King! Why on earth did I get sucked into this new show on Netflix? My...

The Rundown 3/30/2020

Good morning, Tupelo and beyond. It’s Monday, March 30th and it's the 90th day of the year. On...