45 F
Tupelo
Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Thompson Hill

Cemeteries and Switches

Friends, I was just thinking back when we were kids — "we" being all us brothers and a couple of cousins. We were known to come up here and play in the old cemetery! Did yall ever...

When Your Honey-Dos Turn Into Don’ts

Just an update! Yesterday, Pam left me a list of things to do around home. Here is what happened! I went down to the shop to get something, and while I was down...

Shoes and Shovels

Friends, you know how some people go looking for trouble? Well I've never had to go far! I could always just find one of my brothers and trouble would show up pretty quick!The...

Getting Older Creeps Up On You

Friends, ain't it funny how we're getting older in a hurry? Well you just have to deal with it! Pam and I went down to check on John Barry. We could tell he...

Candy-coated Fundraising

Friends, just so you know, Spring ain't here yet, and our grandkids are selling stuff again for school! This time it's candy! Do y’all remember selling stuff for school? Seems like we were...

Beware Man Colds

Friends, men get sicker than women. There. I said it. Got it all out there in the open for everybody to talk about. You see, this is the way I got it figured...

Jerry’s Valentine’s Day Reminder!

Friends, it’s that time of year again! Yep — Valentine's Day is coming up ! Now, I know a bunch of you guys are going to wait until the last minute, so I...

Mousetraps and Moon Landings

Folks, tell me something: Why hasn't someone built a better mousetrap?In this day and age, we sent stuff to other planets and people don't even care. We’ve sent people to the moon! We...

Cold Weather and Grilled Butts!

Friends, it is COLD this morning! How many of y’all grew up in a house with just a couple of heaters?We did! I can't take the cold like I used to. Maybe that's...

Don’t Interrupt The Quilting If You Know What’s Good For You

Friends, how many of y’all remember quilting? You know, when women got together and sewed a quilt! Didn't they call it piecing a quilt? And they always got together to do one! I...

Latest News

18: Episode 18: April’s Doppelganger

*Warning: Explicit language and content*In episode 18, we discuss April’s unfortunate doppelganger & Nazi war criminal, Ilse Koch.Host: April...

Tupelo Transit Driver Tests Positive for Covid-19

PRESS RELEASEContact Information:Lucia Randle, Communications DirectorCity of Tupelo662.841.6525lucia.randle@tupeloms.govTUPELO TRANSIT CLOSING UNTIL APRIL 7, 2020FOR...

The Rundown 3/31/2020

Good morning, Tupelo and beyond. It’s Tuesday, March 31st and it's the 91st day of the year. On...

7: Catch a Tiger By The Toe

This episode covers the none other than the Tiger King! Why on earth did I get sucked into this new show on Netflix? My...

The Rundown 3/30/2020

Good morning, Tupelo and beyond. It’s Monday, March 30th and it's the 90th day of the year. On...